Owensboro Health Muhlenberg Community Hospital (OHMCH) is licensed to operate 135 beds and has been meeting the medical needs of Muhlenberg County since 1938. The system joined with Owensboro Health in 2015. In addition to acute and extended care services, OHMCH offers physical therapy, occupational therapy, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, emergency services, home health, sports medicine, sleep lab and pediatrics.
Owensboro Health Muhlenberg Community Hospital is one of only 3 hospitals in the state of Kentucky to be designated a 5 Star facility by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), recognizing the quality of care offered by the organization. Click here to read more about what this outstanding rating means for patients.
Living in Muhlenberg
Muhlenberg County is a great place to settle down. Here, music, community and recreation mix to create a unique atmosphere. Muhlenberg County is blessed with beautiful landscapes, historic buildings, a rich music heritage, new recreational facilities and top notch performing arts venues. Integrate seamlessly into our community with the welcoming nature based on a culture of southern hospitality.
Arts and Entertainment
- Rods and Ribs BBQ Festival in Central City the first Saturday in June
- Saturdays on the Square – summer concert series in Greenville
- Twilight Antique Car Show
- Squash & Gobble arts bazaar and fall festival – Greenville
- The "Clodhopper" Vintage Tractor Show - Greenville.
- The National Thumbpickers Hall of Fame & the International Home of the Legends Thumbpicking Weekend.
Sports and Recreation
- Rails to Trail is serene six mile hiking/biking/horseback riding trail looping from Greenville to Central City, Kentucky and includes a covered bridge.
- Enjoy camping, hiking trails and water sports at Lake Malone State Park, a 788-acre reservoir surrounded by high sandstone bluffs, or Green River.
- Lake Venus offers swimming, sports and recreation.
- Golf enthusiasts can also tee up at three other courses – Central City Country Club, Greenville Country Club, and Twin Oak Golf in Greenville.