Owensboro Health Regional Hospital (OHRH) is our flagship facility and is licensed to operate 477 beds including 30 transitional care beds. No stone was left unturned when designing this state of the art facility to ensure improved patient care and patient experience. OHRH offers a nationally accredited Level III Trauma Center, Certified Stroke Center, a Level III NICU, and much more.
Living in Owensboro
Owensboro is the main hub of western Kentucky and a premier city in the Midwest. With a low cost of living, wide variety of housing options and downtown riverfront development projects, Owensboro is a desirable place to live. Business Week ranked Owensboro as the #1 city in Kentucky to raise a family and Business Insider (2018)- ranked Owensboro in the top 11 cities in the country where millennials are moving. Even with the small town feel, Owensboro offers several amenities found in larger cities, from visual and performing arts to community celebrations and festivals.
Arts and Entertainment
- International Bluegrass Museum
- Owensboro Convention Center
- Owensboro Museum of Fine Arts
- Owensboro Symphony Orchestra
- RiverPark Center
- More than 20 annual festivals including the Apple Festival , International Barbeque Festival, ROMP (Bluegrass music festival) and the Western Kentucky Botanical Garden Daylily Festival.
Sports and Recreation
- Named the best city in Kentucky for sporting opportunities by Sports Illustrated.
- Two large championship baseball/softball complexes and a state of the art, 4-field football complex, two 10-field soccer complexes, a 5000 seat indoor arena, a year round ice arena and numerous indoor gymnasiums.
- Enjoy picnicking, golf, tennis, water sports on the Ohio River and over 20 miles of walking and bike trails
- Spray parks and Smothers Park - Lazy Dayz Playground named the top playground in the world (2015) by Landscape Architect’s Network.
- Two award- winning public school systems and an excellent Catholic school system
- Private school options
- An exceptional high school graduation rate
- Home to Brescia University, Kentucky Wesleyan College, Western Kentucky University – Owensboro satellite campus, Owensboro Community & Technical College and the University of Louisville School of Nursing - Owensboro Campus