Leads Financial Services direction and strategic planning to achieve the system wide mission, directives, and goals. Develops Owensboro Health's financial management strategy and contributes to the development of system wide strategic goals. Responsible for oversight and direction of the physician-hospital organization (PHO) leadership, managed care contracting, reimbursement, cost reporting, revenue and regulatory analysis, the Owensboro Health Network, and employer health services.
- Responsible for the strategic direction and oversight of the following Health System functions: managed care contracting and contract maintenance, Medicare & Medicaid Cost Reporting, Reimbursement functions, payment rule analysis, certificate of need support, contractual and bad debt reserves, and employer relationships..
- Collaborates with executive leadership to determine organizational priorities and goals.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide business processes, support the delivery of services, and ensures a culture of quality and satisfaction.
- Integrates data from multiple sources to support decision making.
- Researches and monitors industrial, professional, and national developments.
- Monitors and evaluates financial operations to ensure compliance with established professional, regulatory, and organizational standards and requirements.
- Assists with system's financial planning to ensure cost-efficient operations and to maximize profitability.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting required upon hire OR
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business Administration required upon hire OR
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance required upon hire OR
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Healthcare Administration required upon hire OR
- Bachelor's degree or higher in related field required upon hire
- A combination of education, training and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 5 years' relevant experience required
- No licensure/certification/registration required
Skills and Attributes
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Standing: Occasionally
- Walking: Occasionally
- Sitting: Frequently
- Lifting 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting 25-75 lbs: Never
- Lifting over 75 lbs: Never
- Carrying 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 25-75 lbs: Never
- Carrying over 75 lbs: Never
- Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Never
- Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Never
- Climbing: Rarely
- Bending/Stooping: Rarely
- Kneeling: Rarely
- Crouching/Crawling: Rarely
- Reaching: Occasionally
- Talking: Frequently
- Hearing: Occasionally
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Never
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
- Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
- Running: Never
- Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Near: Frequently
Owensboro Health Core Commitments
INTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with a high level of responsibility, reliability and honesty because we take seriously the trust of our patients and coworkers.
RESPECT - We value and accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient, customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.
TEAMWORK - We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate accomplishments and plan the future.
INNOVATION - We foster original ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and promote the mission of Owensboro Health.
SERVICE - We focus on service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually improving the quality of everything we do.
EXCELLENCE - We reach beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness, produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service.