Performs echocardiogram exams according to departmental protocols using cognitive skills to identify, record, and adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological, diagnostic information, and images.
- Prepares preliminary reports and contacts referring physicians when required, according to established procedures.
- Provides proper documentation for each patient exam.
- Assists cardiologists with performing Transesophageal Echo studies and stress echo studies.
- Certificate, Associate's degree or higher in Medical Sonography required upon hire OR
- Associate's degree or higher in related field required upon hire
- A combination of education, training and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- No experience required
- RDCS - Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer required within 12 months from date of graduation from an accredited program or 24 months from start date of employment in this position if graduated from non-accredited program or cross-training in echocardiography OR
- RCS - Registered Cardiac Sonographer required within 12 months from date of graduation from an accredited program or 24 months from start date of employment in this position if graduated from non-accredited program or cross-training in echocardiography AND
- BLS - Certified as a Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider required within 90 days of employment in this position
Skills and Attributes
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Standing: Frequently
- Walking: Frequently
- Sitting: Occasionally
- Lifting 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Lifting 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Carrying 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Frequently
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Bending/Stooping: Frequently
- Kneeling: Occasionally
- Crouching/Crawling: Occasionally
- Reaching: Frequently
- Talking: Frequently
- Hearing: Frequently
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Rarely
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
- Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
- Running: Occasionally
- Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Near: Frequently
Owensboro Health Core Commitments
INTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with a high level of responsibility, reliability and honesty because we take seriously the trust of our patients and coworkers.
RESPECT - We value and accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient, customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.
TEAMWORK - We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate accomplishments and plan the future.
INNOVATION - We foster original ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and promote the mission of Owensboro Health.
SERVICE - We focus on service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually improving the quality of everything we do.
EXCELLENCE - We reach beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness, produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service.