Serves the members of the Healthpark by leading, instructing, and teaching fitness and exercise classes for various populations including special populations.
- Leads exercise classes that are safe, innovative, effective, and fun.
- Instructs group exercise classes for special events as needed. Assists with other facility events as available.
- Responsible for greeting every person with a smile and making themselves available to meet the needs of class participants, answer questions, and make them feel important.
- Arrives to class at least 5-10 minutes before class time in order to greet participants, queue music, and prepare to start class on time.
- Responsible for all administrative functions of teaching classes to include accurate and consistent reporting of class participation numbers.
- Communicates with Supervisor/Manager regarding class needs pertaining to equipment, repair needs, and/or other pertinent class concerns.
- Provides basic first aid and CPR assistance to members who may experience accidents or medical emergencies.
- Coaches and cues for proper movement and varying intensity levels.
- Motivates and encourages participants verbally.
- Abides by uniform policy for Group Exercise Instructors and possesses a professional appearance and demeanor for each class.
- High school diploma, General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or higher required upon hire
- No experience required
- ACE-CHC Health Coach - Certification from National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) required upon hire OR
- ACSM-HFI - Health and Fitness Instructor from National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) required upon hire OR
- ACE-GFI - Group Fitness Instructor from National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) required upon hire OR
- NETA-CGEI - Certified Group Exercise Instructor from National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) required upon hire OR
- PMA-CPT - Certified Pilates Teacher required upon hire OR
- NCCA - Nationally recognized specialty certification, evidence of training in a given specialty or related NCCA certification may be considered in lieu of currently listed certifications required upon hire AND
- BLS - Certified as a Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider required within 90 days of employment in this position AND
- First-aid certification required within 90 days of employment in this position
Skills and Attributes
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and works under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Standing: Frequently
- Walking: Frequently
- Sitting: Occasionally
- Lifting 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Lifting 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Carrying 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Frequently
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Bending/Stooping: Frequently
- Kneeling: Occasionally
- Crouching/Crawling: Occasionally
- Reaching: Frequently
- Talking: Frequently
- Hearing: Frequently
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Rarely
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
- Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
- Running: Occasionally
- Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Near: Frequently
Owensboro Health Core Commitments
INTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with a high level of responsibility, reliability and honesty because we take seriously the trust of our patients and coworkers.
RESPECT - We value and accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient, customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.
TEAMWORK - We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate accomplishments and plan the future.
INNOVATION - We foster original ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and promote the mission of Owensboro Health.
SERVICE - We focus on service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually improving the quality of everything we do.
EXCELLENCE - We reach beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness, produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service.