Responsible for the administration and support of enterprise-wide MS SQL Server, Epic Cache and Oracle databases for Owensboro Health. The DBA performs installations, upgrades, patching, and database configurations for all clinical/business application databases. The position uses a combination of teamwork, analytical skills, and knowledge of clinical and operational processes as needed in order to create and maintain a highly-functioning and available information systems environment to maximize organizational performance.
- Installs new versions of DBMS and apply patches to assigned database systems and software tools as required by product roadmap/life cycle and support requirements.
- Monitors, administers, and tunes all SQL Server, Oracle, and Epic Cache databases ensuring application performance is optimal at all times.
- Troubleshoots all database infrastructure issues including database backups, disaster recovery and business continuity solutions.
- Assists in defining and forecasting database license, server hardware, and database storage infrastructure needs for new projects, future growth and budgeting as part of capacity planning process.
- Maintains recovery strategies for database infrastructure. Develops, tests, implements, and documents procedures to ensure that recovery strategies support our business continuity planning goals.
- Maintains database security policies and standards in compliance with organizational data access policies and standards.
- Provides on-site and/or telephone support in accordance with organizational needs - in a periodic, rotating 24x7 on-call schedule.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science required upon hire OR
- Bachelor's degree or higher in related field required upon hire
- A combination of education, training and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 3 years' relevant experience required
- No licensure/certification/registration required
Skills and Attributes
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- High level of analytical and problem solving skills is required.
- Customer-oriented interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals are required.
- Experience with T-SQL or PL/SQL scripting; SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Knowledge of backup/recovery, performance tuning/query optimization, and/or database modeling/design.
- Knowledge with one or more replication or log shipping technologies preferred, e.g. SQL Server Database Mirroring, or Intersystems Cache Shadowing/Mirroring. Experience/knowledge of system architecture, commands, system utilities, and report writing tools.
- Ability to perform complex database restores and data recovery.
- Standing: Occasionally
- Walking: Occasionally
- Sitting: Frequently
- Lifting 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting 25-75 lbs: Never
- Lifting over 75 lbs: Never
- Carrying 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 25-75 lbs: Never
- Carrying over 75 lbs: Never
- Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Never
- Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Never
- Climbing: Rarely
- Bending/Stooping: Rarely
- Kneeling: Rarely
- Crouching/Crawling: Rarely
- Reaching: Occasionally
- Talking: Frequently
- Hearing: Occasionally
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Never
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
- Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
- Running: Never
- Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Near: Frequently
Owensboro Health Core Commitments
INTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with a high level of responsibility, reliability and honesty because we take seriously the trust of our patients and coworkers.
RESPECT - We value and accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient, customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.
TEAMWORK - We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate accomplishments and plan the future.
INNOVATION - We foster original ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and promote the mission of Owensboro Health.
SERVICE - We focus on service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually improving the quality of everything we do.
EXCELLENCE - We reach beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness, produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service.