Applies specialized clinical knowledge and advanced clinical skills in the areas of assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of mental, emotional and behavioral disorders, conditions, and addictions.
- Administers and interprets tests and measures of psychosocial functioning for the purpose of diagnosing mental, emotional, behavioral, addictive, and developmental disorders and disabilities.
- Provides assistance to providers on monitoring of assessments and remission of depression as outlined by the quality measures.
- Develops and implements appropriate assessment-based treatment plan(s). Consults with team managers, statutory and voluntary agencies and patient's relatives to ensure compliance with patient's treatment plan.
- Provides crisis-oriented psychotherapy as well as short-term and long-term psychotherapy and psychotherapeutic treatment.
- Works in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team to ensure quality support of care and safety of transitions.
- Supervises and/or trains other social workers, students, or interns as needed.
- Provides timely and concise documentation in the medical record including the assessment, concerns, needs, and plan of care. Keeps plans up to date as patient progresses toward goals.
- Assists patients/families with referrals to community agencies, provides education, and resource information.
- Develops a safe and appropriate discharge plan to meet the needs of the patients.
- Serves as a resource to the community to provide social services as needed.
- Master's degree or higher in Social Work required upon hire
- No experience required
- LCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the State of Kentucky required upon hire
Skills and Attributes
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Standing: Frequently
- Walking: Frequently
- Sitting: Occasionally
- Lifting 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Occasionally
- Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Occasionally
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Bending/Stooping: Frequently
- Kneeling: Occasionally
- Crouching/Crawling: Occasionally
- Reaching: Frequently
- Talking: Frequently
- Hearing: Frequently
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Rarely
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
- Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
- Running: Rarely
- Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Near: Frequently
Owensboro Health Core Commitments
INTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with a high level of responsibility, reliability and honesty because we take seriously the trust of our patients and coworkers.
RESPECT - We value and accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient, customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.
TEAMWORK - We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate accomplishments and plan the future.
INNOVATION - We foster original ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and promote the mission of Owensboro Health.
SERVICE - We focus on service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually improving the quality of everything we do.
EXCELLENCE - We reach beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness, produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service.