Assists in the development and support of clinical/business applications, solutions, and business processes to meet the operational and application needs of the organization. Ensures effective systems operations by providing end user support, troubleshooting application issues, issue resolution, and communications. Evaluates, redesigns, and standardizes workflows and processes to achieve organizational goals and successful outcomes.
- Acts as the application champion by liaising with business stakeholders, application vendors, and other technical/functional teams to understand and analyze complex business problems and provide cost effective and efficient solutions using information technologies.
- Responsible as the application subject matter expert to be the liaison between operations and the other IT teams.
- Investigates user problems and needs, identifies their source, and determines possible solutions.
- Analyzes user project proposals to include identifying potential problem areas and recommends optimum approaches for project path.
- Proactively monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of all applications and recommends opportunities for improvements.
- Facilitates the maintenance and support of applications and other systems assigned to the team.
- Provides break-fix support to analyze and interpret normal and abnormal software behavior.
- Troubleshoots unexpected results (interface, data integrity, set up, etc.), to resolve, document, and negate the recurrence of applications issues and failures.
- Escalates break-fix issues to vendor support when troubleshooting does not resolve the issue.
- Escalates to management and project managers regarding break-fix and other tasks within requested timeframes.
- Develops and executes application testing, including test scripts, documentation of results, and integration testing.
- Develops training strategy and content to educate users on system functionalities specific to their area of operation, facilitates one-on-one training sessions, train-the-trainer sessions, and group training sessions.
- Assists in the implementation of policies and practices to ensure the privacy, confidentiality, and security of patient information and to maintain data integrity.
- Assists in security design for assigned application systems.
- Remains abreast of trends and developments in information technology and associated software.
- Analyzes vendor released content and provides validation of the data for reporting, Decision Support and Analytics.
- Assists in the coaching and mentoring of less experienced team members.
- Proficient with and fully supports the IT project management methodology.
- Provides on-site and/or telephone support in accordance with organizational needs - in a periodic, rotating 24x7 on-call schedule.
- Analyzes vendor content as it is released in order to determine impact to end users, recommend needed changes to workflows, enhancement requests to the vendor, and estimate resource needs to implement.
- High school diploma, General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or higher required upon hire
- A minimum of 4 years' relevant experience required
- No licensure/certification/registration required
Skills and Attributes
- Extensive knowledge of information systems technology, processes, procedures, and application software.
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Ability to communicate and present information effectively.
- Demonstrates good organization and team leadership skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skill necessary to make sound recommendations based on data analysis.
- Ability to collaboratively work with diverse groups of people.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to partner with customers and guide them through challenging projects.
- Standing: Occasionally
- Walking: Occasionally
- Sitting: Frequently
- Lifting 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting 25-75 lbs: Never
- Lifting over 75 lbs: Never
- Carrying 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 25-75 lbs: Never
- Carrying over 75 lbs: Never
- Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Never
- Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Never
- Climbing: Rarely
- Bending/Stooping: Rarely
- Kneeling: Rarely
- Crouching/Crawling: Rarely
- Reaching: Occasionally
- Talking: Frequently
- Hearing: Occasionally
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Never
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
- Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
- Running: Never
- Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Near: Frequently
Owensboro Health Core Commitments
INTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with a high level of responsibility, reliability and honesty because we take seriously the trust of our patients and coworkers.
RESPECT - We value and accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient, customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.
TEAMWORK - We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate accomplishments and plan the future.
INNOVATION - We foster original ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and promote the mission of Owensboro Health.
SERVICE - We focus on service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually improving the quality of everything we do.
EXCELLENCE - We reach beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness, produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service.